Dedicated and curious, expressive, yet functional.
This describes my work & attitude towards projects.
User experience is king in my design process.
As well as attention to detail (
fluff) & creating lasting impacts.
Perfectionism has its place, but so does pragmatism.
ALT Film Festival
Conceptual | Campaign & Ident
The ALT (alternative) Film Festival was a fictional subject of this conceptual campaign, during my Experimental Film & Animation module. The project tasked me with the creation of holistic campaign with a feature ident. The motion graphics video was the backbone of my campaign, to be played both in teaser snippets and at site. Vimeo link here. (2011-12)
The development of the campaign over the course of the project, was shaped mainly by the rising prominence of new social media advertising methods. Working on it also allowed me to further develop my skills in After Effects and its' plugins.
Additional notes about the video:
- Animation linked to sound design
- Custom creation of faux-3D object in After Effects
- Usage of Sure Target plugin
It's Me, Aaron!
Curiosity is a powerful motivator.
In design it means exploration.
Whether it be of a client or an audience.
Understanding both is of utmost importance.
So, let me start the conversation!
- Speciality Areas
- Web Design & Front-End Development
- User Interface & User Experience Design
- Interaction Design, Motion Graphics
- Graphic Design
- Branding & Logo Design
- Wordpress & Social Media
- Video & Post Production
- Tech Skills
- Power User
- Sublime Text 3, Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere, EventGhost
- Bootstrap, Foundation, CLIs (Grunt, Bower), GitHub
- InDesign, MaxMSP, Processing, Fireworks
- PHP, JSON, MySQL
- CLIs (Guard, Node.js, Git)
- What makes me tick
- Digital/Tech: Automation, Apps, Hacking
- Games: FPS, RTS, RPG, ARTS, Retro
- Movies: Comedy, Thriller, Horror, Classics
- Food: Desserts, Mediterranean, Asian, Italian
- Music: Punk Rock, Twee-Pop, Electronica, Indie
- Novels: Crime, Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-fi
Why, hello there!
I think it would be great if we connect, don't you?
Over the net or in person, let's design together!
If you'd like to, mail me via the form below.
Tweet @aaron_khare or visit me on LinkedIn.
Oh, and here's my resume.