Dedicated and curious, expressive, yet functional.
This describes my work & attitude towards projects.
User experience is king in my design process.
As well as attention to detail (
fluff) & creating lasting impacts.
Perfectionism has its place, but so does pragmatism.
Conceptual | Campaign
As a conceptual project to create a digital campaign, I chose the famous sneaker brand Circa. To begin, I developed a brief and researched the brand & its audience. This led to the creation of a single-page website with two full-background videos via HTML5, meant to be shared on social media. Archived here. (2012)
As a designer, I accomplished many firsts as the project went on. Working with HTML5 video proved the most difficult, since in '12 it was still relatively new. However, the deliverables were finally met, with most screen sizes targeted, except for mobile devices.
Additional features of the deliverables:
- Responsive to PCs & tablets (landscape)
- Form validation & entry storage
- Fullscreen capability for most mobile & all PC browsers
- Unsupported screen sizes were asked to view the page on a larger screen
- Videos' particle animation linked to their soundtracks
It's Me, Aaron!
Curiosity is a powerful motivator.
In design it means exploration.
Whether it be of a client or an audience.
Understanding both is of utmost importance.
So, let me start the conversation!
- Speciality Areas
- Web Design & Front-End Development
- User Interface & User Experience Design
- Interaction Design, Motion Graphics
- Graphic Design
- Branding & Logo Design
- Wordpress & Social Media
- Video & Post Production
- Tech Skills
- Power User
- Sublime Text 3, Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere, EventGhost
- Bootstrap, Foundation, CLIs (Grunt, Bower), GitHub
- InDesign, MaxMSP, Processing, Fireworks
- PHP, JSON, MySQL
- CLIs (Guard, Node.js, Git)
- What makes me tick
- Digital/Tech: Automation, Apps, Hacking
- Games: FPS, RTS, RPG, ARTS, Retro
- Movies: Comedy, Thriller, Horror, Classics
- Food: Desserts, Mediterranean, Asian, Italian
- Music: Punk Rock, Twee-Pop, Electronica, Indie
- Novels: Crime, Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-fi
Why, hello there!
I think it would be great if we connect, don't you?
Over the net or in person, let's design together!
If you'd like to, mail me via the form below.
Tweet @aaron_khare or visit me on LinkedIn.
Oh, and here's my resume.